Package: python3-subunit2sql (1.10.0-3)
Links for python3-subunit2sql
Download Source Package python-subunit2sql:
- Homepage [github.com]
subunit file/stream to DB - Python 3.x
subunit2SQL is a tool for storing test results data in a SQL database. Like it's name implies it was originally designed around converting subunit streams to data in a SQL database and the packaged utilities assume a subunit stream as the input format. However, the data model used for the DB does not preclude using any test result format. Additionally the analysis tooling built on top of a database is data format agnostic. However if you choose to use a different result format as an input for the database additional tooling using the DB API would need to be created to parse a different test result output format. It's also worth pointing out that subunit has several language library bindings available. So as a user you could create a small filter to convert a different format to subunit. Creating a filter should be fairly easy and then you don't have to worry about writing a tool like :ref:`subunit2sql` to use a different format.
For multiple distributed test runs that are generating subunit output it is useful to store the results in a unified repository. This is the motivation for the testrepository project which does a good job for centralizing the results from multiple test runs.
However, imagine something like the OpenStack CI system where the same basic test suite is normally run several hundreds of times a day. To provide useful introspection on the data from those runs and to build trends over time the test results need to be stored in a format that allows for easy querying. Using a SQL database makes a lot of sense for doing this, which was the original motivation for the project.
At a high level subunit2SQL uses alembic migrations to setup a DB schema that can then be used by the subunit2sql tool to parse subunit streams and populate the DB. Then there are tools for interacting with the stored data in the subunit2sql-graph command as well as the sql2subunit command to create a subunit stream from data in the database. Additionally, subunit2sql provides a Python DB API that can be used to query information from the stored data to build other tooling.
This package contains the Python 3.x module.
Other Packages Related to python3-subunit2sql
- dep: alembic
- lightweight database migration tool for SQLAlchemy
- dep: python3
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default python3 version)
- dep: python3-alembic
- lightweight database migration tool for SQLAlchemy - Python module
- dep: python3-dateutil
- powerful extensions to the standard Python 3 datetime module
- dep: python3-oslo.config
- Common code for Openstack Projects (configuration API) - Python 3.x
- dep: python3-oslo.db
- database connectivity to the different backends and helper utils - Python 3.x
- dep: python3-pbr
- inject useful and sensible default behaviors into setuptools - Python 3.x
- dep: python3-six (>= 1.9.0)
- Python 2 and 3 compatibility library (Python 3 interface)
- dep: python3-sqlalchemy
- SQL toolkit and Object Relational Mapper for Python 3
- dep: python3-stevedore
- manage dynamic plugins for Python applications - python3
- dep: python3-subunit
- unit testing protocol - Python3 bindings to generate and consume streams
- dep: subunit
- command line tools for processing Subunit streams
- sug: python-subunit2sql-doc
- subunit file/stream to DB - doc