Package: python3-neutron-taas (5.0.0-1)
Links for python3-neutron-taas
Download Source Package neutron-taas:
- Homepage [github.com]
OpenStack virtual network service - Tap-as-a-Service extension
Neutron provides an API to dynamically request and configure virtual networks. These networks connect "interfaces" from other OpenStack services (such as vNICs from Nova VMs). The Neutron API supports extensions to provide advanced network capabilities, including QoS, ACLs, and network monitoring.
Tap-as-a-Service (TaaS) is an extension to the OpenStack network service (Neutron). It provides remote port mirroring capability for tenant virtual networks.
Port mirroring involves sending a copy of packets entering and/or leaving one port to another port, which is usually different from the original destinations of the packets being mirrored.
This service has been primarily designed to help tenants (or the cloud administrator) debug complex virtual networks and gain visibility into their VMs, by monitoring the network traffic associated with them. TaaS honors tenant boundaries and its mirror sessions are capable of spanning across multiple compute and network nodes. It serves as an essential infrastructure component that can be utilized for supplying data to a variety of network analytics and security applications (e.g. IDS).
This package provides the Python files for the Tap-as-a-Service (TaaS) extension.
Other Packages Related to python3-neutron-taas
- dep: python3
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default python3 version)
- dep: python3-babel
- tools for internationalizing Python applications - Python 3.x
- dep: python3-neutron (>= 2:14.0.2)
- OpenStack virtual network service - Python library
- dep: python3-neutron-lib
- Neutron shared routines and utilities - Python 3.x
- dep: python3-pbr
- inject useful and sensible default behaviors into setuptools - Python 3.x
- enh: python3-neutronclient
- client API library for Neutron - Python 3.x