Package: python3-mpi4py-fft (2.0.3-3 and others)
Links for python3-mpi4py-fft
Download Source Package mpi4py-fft:
- Homepage [bitbucket.org]
a Python package for computing Fast Fourier Transforms (FFTs) with MPI
mpi4py-fft is a Python package for computing Fast Fourier Transforms (FFTs). Large arrays are distributed and communications are handled under the hood by MPI for Python (mpi4py). To distribute large arrays we are using a new and completely generic algorithm that allows for any index set of a multidimensional array to be distributed. We can distribute just one index (a slab decomposition), two index sets (pencil decomposition) or even more for higher-dimensional arrays.
In mpi4py-fft there is also included a Python interface to the FFTW library. This interface can be used without MPI, much like pyfftw, and even for real-to-real transforms, like discrete cosine or sine transforms.
The package provides a Python interface to FFTW, but with MPI parallelisation. This enables strong scaling tested to 16000 cores, or weak scaling tested to 2000 cores. The algorithm is documented at https://arxiv.org/abs/1804.09536
This package installs the library for Python 3.
Other Packages Related to python3-mpi4py-fft
- dep: libfftw3-double3 (>= 3.3.5)
- Library for computing Fast Fourier Transforms - Double precision
- dep: libfftw3-single3 (>= 3.3.5)
- Library for computing Fast Fourier Transforms - Single precision
- dep: python3
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default python3 version)
- dep: python3 (<< 3.9)
- dep: python3 (>= 3.7~)
- dep: python3-mpi4py
- bindings of the Message Passing Interface (MPI) standard
- dep: python3-numpy
- Fast array facility to the Python 3 language
- sug: python-mpi4py-fft-doc
- Package not available