Package: clamav (0.102.2+dfsg-2) [debports]
Links for clamav
- Homepage [www.clamav.net]
anti-virus utility for Unix - command-line interface
Clam AntiVirus is an anti-virus toolkit for Unix. The main purpose of this software is the integration with mail servers (attachment scanning). The package provides a flexible and scalable multi-threaded daemon in the clamav-daemon package, a command-line scanner in the clamav package, and a tool for automatic updating via the Internet in the clamav-freshclam package. The programs are based on libclamav, which can be used by other software.
This package contains the command line interface. Features:
- built-in support for various archive formats, including Zip, Tar, Gzip, Bzip2, OLE2, Cabinet, CHM, BinHex, SIS and others; - built-in support for almost all mail file formats; - built-in support for ELF executables and Portable Executable files compressed with UPX, FSG, Petite, NsPack, wwpack32, MEW, Upack and obfuscated with SUE, Y0da Cryptor and others; - built-in support for popular document formats including Microsoft Office and Mac Office files, HTML, RTF and PDF.
For scanning to work, a virus database is needed. There are two options for getting it:
- clamav-freshclam: updates the database from Internet. This is recommended with Internet access. - clamav-data: for users without Internet access. The package is not updated once installed. The clamav-getfiles package allows creating custom packages from an Internet-connected computer.
Other Packages Related to clamav
- dep: libclamav9 (>= 0.102.2)
- anti-virus utility for Unix - library
- dep: libcurl4 (>= 7.16.2)
- easy-to-use client-side URL transfer library (OpenSSL flavour)
- dep: libjson-c4 (>= 0.13.1)
- JSON manipulation library - shared library
- dep: libssl1.1 (>= 1.1.0)
- Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - shared libraries
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:22.214.171.124)
- compression library - runtime
- rec: clamav-base
- anti-virus utility for Unix - base package
- sug: clamav-docs
- anti-virus utility for Unix - documentation