Package: auto-apt-proxy (11)
Links for auto-apt-proxy
Download Source Package auto-apt-proxy:
- Homepage [salsa.debian.org]
automatic detector of common APT proxy settings
auto-apt-proxy installs itself as an APT proxy autodetector, and detects common setups by checking localhost and the network default gateway for well-known APT proxies such as apt-cacher-ng.
This package is most useful for development environments, and will Do The Right Thing for:
* build chroots, with a proxy running on the host system. * docker/lxc containers, with a proxy running on the host system. * Virtual machines with NAT networking, with a proxy running on the host * system. * any other system, with a proxy running on its default gateway.
The following APT proxy servers are supported and automatically detected:
* apt-cacher-ng * approx * apt-cacher
This package has a minimal set of dependencies in order to minimize the influence on systems where it is installed.
For corporate desktop/server deployments, where the APT proxy can be located at any arbitrary host, you should probably try the `squid-deb-proxy-client` package instead.
Other Packages Related to auto-apt-proxy
- dep: apt
- commandline package manager
- rec: iproute2
- networking and traffic control tools