Package: file (1:5.37-5) [debports]
Links for file
- Homepage [www.darwinsys.com]
Recognize the type of data in a file using "magic" numbers
The file command is "a file type guesser", a command-line tool that tells you in words what kind of data a file contains.
This package contains the file program itself.
Other Packages Related to file
- dep: libbz2-1.0
- high-quality block-sorting file compressor library - runtime
- dep: liblzma5 (>= 5.1.1alpha+20110809)
- XZ-format compression library
- dep: libmagic1 (= 1:5.37-5)
- Recognize the type of data in a file using "magic" numbers - library
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime