Package: fontconfig (2.13.1-2) [debports]
Links for fontconfig
- Homepage [www.freedesktop.org]
generic font configuration library - support binaries
Fontconfig is a font configuration and customization library, which does not depend on the X Window System. It is designed to locate fonts within the system and select them according to requirements specified by applications.
Fontconfig is not a rasterization library, nor does it impose a particular rasterization library on the application. The X-specific library 'Xft' uses fontconfig along with freetype to specify and rasterize fonts.
This package contains a program to maintain the fontconfig cache (fc-cache), a sample program to list installed fonts (fc-list), a program to test the matching rules (fc-match) and a program to dump the binary cache files in string form (fc-cat). It no longer makes fonts managed by defoma available to fontconfig applications.
Other Packages Related to fontconfig
- dep: fontconfig-config
- generic font configuration library - configuration
- dep: libfontconfig1 (>= 2.13.0)
- generic font configuration library - runtime
- dep: libfreetype6 (>= 2.2.1)
- FreeType 2 font engine, shared library files