Package: zsnapd (0.8.9a-1)
Links for zsnapd
Download Source Package zsnapd:
- Homepage [github.com]
ZFS Snapshot Daemon written in python
Python daemon that manages ZFS snapshots and send/receive backup. Based on zfs-snap-manager.
* Remote ZFS snapshoting/aging wnd replication back to central ZFS backup server. Only need to install zfs-utils, zsnapd-rcmd (for secure) remote ssh key login and sshd on client, and use root ssh key based log in. * Has connectivity test to skip scheduled actions when the remote site cannot be contacted. Actually quite useful for ZFS backing up laptops. Reachability failures are logged of course! * Uses Python3 * Native systemd support. * Configuration is stored in configuration files with the ini file format. Configuration .d parts directories also present * Triggers the configured actions based on time or a '.trigger' file present in the dataset's mountpoint. * Can take snapshots (with a yyyymmddhhmm timestamp format). * Can replicate snapshots to/from other nodes. * Push based when the replication source has access to the replication target. * Pull based when the replication source has no access to the replication target. Typically when you don't want to give all nodes access to the backup/replication target. * Cleans all snapshots with the yyyymmddhh timestamp schmea format based on a GFS schema (Grandfather, Father, Son). Timestamp evaluation based on actual ZFS snapshot creation metadata. * Supports pre and post commands.
Other Packages Related to zsnapd
- dep: python3
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default python3 version)
- dep: python3-magcode-core (>= 1.5.4~)
- MAG Code python3 core module of common utility code.
- dep: python3-psutil
- module providing convenience functions for managing processes (Python3)
- dep: python3-setproctitle
- Setproctitle implementation for Python 3
- dep: zfsutils-linux
- command-line tools to manage OpenZFS filesystems