Package: desktop-profiles (1.4.20)
Links for desktop-profiles
Download Source Package desktop-profiles:
- Debian Edu Developers (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Petter Reinholdtsen (QA Page)
- Alexander Alemayhu (QA Page)
framework for setting up desktop profiles
The different Desktop environments in Debian all offer the possibility of customizing them through the use of profiles (sets of configuration and/or data files). Usually it's also possible to stack configuration sets, combining the customizations provided by a number of profiles.
This package offers a standard cross-desktop way of managing the conditional activation of available profiles. As such it is useful to both administrators (allowing different configurations for different sets of users) and CDD's (who want to have a configuration customized for a certain target group).
This package currently supports setting up profiles for KDE, GNOME, ROX, Xfce (>=4.2), GNUSTEP, UDE, and Freedesktop. Freedesktop profiles allow you to do a (growing amount of) cross-desktop customization, while the other profile kinds allow you to customize the respective desktop environments to various degrees.
Other Packages Related to desktop-profiles
- sug: gconf-editor
- editor for the GConf configuration system
- sug: hicolor-icon-theme
- default fallback theme for FreeDesktop.org icon themes
- sug: kommander
- visual dialog builder and executor tool
- sug: menu-xdg
- freedesktop.org menu compliant window manager scripts
- sug: shared-mime-info
- FreeDesktop.org shared MIME database and spec