Package: cwm (5.5-1+deb8u1)
Links for cwm
Download Source Package cwm:
- Homepage [github.com]
lightweight and efficient window manager for X11
cwm is a minimalist stacking window manager ported from OpenBSD. Originally inspired by evilwm, it was rewritten from scratch due to limitations in the evilwm codebase.
cwm contains many features that concentrate on the efficiency and transparency of window management. cwm also aims to maintain the simplest and most pleasant aesthetic. It provides minimal decoration and screen clutter, instead having powerful controls to manage windows, launch programs etc. via key and mouse bindings. A "virtual desktop" can be simulated by the ability to group windows, and to show and hide these groups.
cwm is very configurable via a simple, clearly documented .cwmrc file.
If you are looking for simple menus and pretty icons, cwm is probably not going to be your cup of tea. If you don't mind a little learning curve and want something powerful and flexible, try it out.
Other Packages Related to cwm
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.14) [amd64]
- GNU C Library: Shared libraries
also a virtual package provided by libc6-udeb
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.8) [not amd64]
- dep: libfontconfig1 (>= 2.11)
- generic font configuration library - runtime
- dep: libfreetype6 (>= 2.2.1)
- FreeType 2 font engine, shared library files
- dep: libx11-6
- X11 client-side library
- dep: libxft2 (>> 2.1.1)
- FreeType-based font drawing library for X
- dep: libxinerama1
- X11 Xinerama extension library
- dep: libxrandr2
- X11 RandR extension library
- rec: xscreensaver
- Screensaver daemon and frontend for X11