Package: sendmail-bin (8.14.4-8+deb8u2)
Links for sendmail-bin
Download Source Package sendmail:
- Homepage [www.sendmail.org]
powerful, efficient, and scalable Mail Transport Agent
Sendmail is an alternative Mail Transport Agent (MTA) for Debian. It is suitable for handling sophisticated mail configurations, although this means that its configuration can also be complex.
Fortunately, simple thing can be done easily, and complex things are possible, even if not easily understood ;) Sendmail is the *ONLY* MTA with a Turing complete language to control *ALL* aspects of delivery!
Sendmail provides Security and SPAM/UCE/UBE protection via several means.
Sendmail includes *no* Mail User Agents (MUA), you'll have to pick from the plethora of available MUAs (mutt, vm, etc.)
This package supports REGEX, DB, NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS maps, and has enabled TCPWrappers, IPv6, LockFile, SMTP AUTH(SASL), STARTTLS(SSL).
Other Packages Related to sendmail-bin
- dep: debconf
- Debian configuration management system
- dep: libdb5.3
- Berkeley v5.3 Database Libraries [runtime]
- dep: libldap-2.4-2 (>= 2.4.7)
- OpenLDAP libraries
- dep: liblockfile1 (>= 1.0)
- NFS-safe locking library
- dep: libsasl2-2
- Cyrus SASL - authentication abstraction library
- dep: libssl1.0.0 (>= 1.0.0)
- Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - shared libraries
- dep: libwrap0 (>= 7.6-4~)
- Wietse Venema's TCP wrappers library
- dep: procps
- /proc file system utilities
- dep: sendmail-base
- powerful, efficient, and scalable Mail Transport Agent (arch independent files)
- dep: sendmail-cf
- powerful, efficient, and scalable Mail Transport Agent (config macros)