Package: axiom (20140801-6)
Links for axiom
Download Source Package axiom:
General purpose computer algebra system: main binary and modules
Axiom is useful for research and development of mathematical algorithms. It defines a strongly typed, mathematically correct type hierarchy. It has a programming language and a built-in compiler.
Axiom has been in development since 1973 and was sold as a commercial product. It has been released as free software.
Efforts are underway to extend this software to (a) develop a better user interface (b) make it useful as a teaching tool (c) develop an algebra server protocol (d) integrate additional mathematics (e) rebuild the algebra in a literate programming style (f) integrate logic programming (g) develop an Axiom Journal with refereed submissions.
This package contains the main program binary and all precompiled algebra and autoloadable modules.
Other Packages Related to axiom
- dep: axiom-databases (= 20140801-6)
- General purpose computer algebra system: generated text databases
- dep: libgmp10
- Multiprecision arithmetic library
- dep: libreadline6 (>= 6.0)
- GNU readline and history libraries, run-time libraries
- dep: libx11-6
- X11 client-side library
- dep: libxpm4
- X11 pixmap library
- rec: axiom-doc
- General purpose computer algebra system: documentation
- rec: axiom-graphics
- General purpose computer algebra system: graphics subsystem
- rec: axiom-hypertex
- General purpose computer algebra system: hypertex subsystem
- rec: axiom-source
- General purpose computer algebra system: source files