Package: python3-dbusmock (0.18.2-1)
Links for python3-dbusmock
Download Source Package python-dbusmock:
- Homepage [github.com]
mock D-Bus objects for tests (Python 3)
With python-dbusmock you can easily create mock objects on D-Bus. This is useful for writing tests for software which talks to D-Bus services such as upower, systemd, ConsoleKit, gnome-session or others, and it is hard (or impossible without root privileges) to set the state of the real services to what you expect in your tests.
Mock objects look like the real API (or at least the parts that you actually need), but they do not actually do anything (or only some action that you specify yourself). You can configure their state, behaviour and responses as you like in your test, without making any assumptions about the real system status.
You can use this with any programming language, as you can run the mocker as a normal program. The actual setup of the mock (adding objects, methods, properties, etc.) all happen via D-Bus methods on the org.freedesktop.DBus.Mock interface. You just don't have the convenience D-Bus launch API that way.
Other Packages Related to python3-dbusmock
- dep: dbus-x11
- simple interprocess messaging system (X11 deps)
- dep: gir1.2-glib-2.0 (>= 1.32)
- Introspection data for GLib, GObject, Gio and GModule
- dep: python3
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default python3 version)
- dep: python3-dbus
- simple interprocess messaging system (Python 3 interface)
- dep: python3-gi
- Python 3 bindings for gobject-introspection libraries