Package: espeak-ng (1.49.2+dfsg-8+deb10u1)
Links for espeak-ng
Download Source Package espeak-ng:
- Homepage [github.com]
Multi-lingual software speech synthesizer
eSpeak NG is a software speech synthesizer for English, and some other languages.
eSpeak NG produces good quality English speech. It uses a different synthesis method from other open source text to speech (TTS) engines, and sounds quite different. It's perhaps not as natural or "smooth", but some find the articulation clearer and easier to listen to for long periods.
It can run as a command line program to speak text from a file or from stdin.
* Includes different Voices, whose characteristics can be altered. * Can produce speech output as a WAV file. * Can translate text to phoneme codes, so it could be adapted as a front end for another speech synthesis engine. * Potential for other languages. More than 80 languages are included. * Compact size. * Written in C.
Other Packages Related to espeak-ng
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.16) [amd64, mips64el, s390x]
- GNU C Library: Shared libraries
also a virtual package provided by libc6-udeb
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.17) [arm64, ppc64el]
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.28) [armel, armhf, i386, mips, mipsel]
- dep: libespeak-ng1
- Multi-lingual software speech synthesizer: shared library
- dep: libpcaudio0
- C API to different audio devices - shared library
- dep: libsonic0 (>= 0.1.10)
- Simple library to speed up or slow down speech
|Architecture||Package Size||Installed Size||Files|
|amd64||485.8 kB||989.0 kB||[list of files]|
|arm64||475.2 kB||972.0 kB||[list of files]|
|armel||468.8 kB||939.0 kB||[list of files]|
|armhf||468.5 kB||847.0 kB||[list of files]|
|i386||491.4 kB||994.0 kB||[list of files]|
|mips||474.6 kB||989.0 kB||[list of files]|
|mips64el||478.9 kB||1,033.0 kB||[list of files]|
|mipsel||475.8 kB||985.0 kB||[list of files]|
|ppc64el||496.0 kB||1,148.0 kB||[list of files]|
|s390x||474.3 kB||1,005.0 kB||[list of files]|