Package: salt-cloud (2018.3.4~git20180207+dfsg1-1)
Links for salt-cloud
Download Source Package salt:
- Debian Salt Team (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Joe Healy (QA Page)
- Franklin G Mendoza (QA Page)
- Andriy Senkovych (QA Page)
- Benjamin Drung (QA Page)
- Ondřej Nový (QA Page)
- Homepage [saltstack.org]
public cloud VM management system
Salt is a powerful remote execution manager that can be used to administer servers in a fast and efficient way.
It allows commands to be executed across large groups of servers. This means systems can be easily managed, but data can also be easily gathered. Quick introspection into running systems becomes a reality.
Remote execution is usually used to set up a certain state on a remote system. Salt addresses this problem as well, the salt state system uses salt state files to define the state a server needs to be in.
Salt Cloud is built-in to Salt to provision systems on cloud hosts or hypervisors and immediately bring them under management.
Other Packages Related to salt-cloud
- dep: python3
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default python3 version)
- dep: python3-libcloud (>= 0.14.1-1)
- unified Python interface into the cloud (Python3 version)
- dep: salt-common (= 2018.3.4~git20180207+dfsg1-1)
- shared libraries that salt requires for all packages
- rec: python3-netaddr
- manipulation of various common network address notations (Python 3)
- sug: python3-botocore
- Low-level, data-driven core of boto 3 (Python 3)