Package: libdbix-dbstag-perl (0.12-2)
Links for libdbix-dbstag-perl
Download Source Package libdbix-dbstag-perl:
- Homepage [metacpan.org]
module providing relational database to hierarchical mapping
The module DBIx::DBStag is for mapping from databases to Stag objects (Structured Tags - see the Data::Stag manpage), which can also be
represented as XML. It has two main uses:
This module can take the results of any SQL query and decompose the flattened results into a tree data structure which reflects the foreign keys in the underlying relational schema. It does this by looking at the SQL query and introspecting the database schema, rather than requiring metadata or an object model.
In this respect, the module works just like a regular the DBI manpage handle, with some extra methods provided.
DBStag objects can store any tree-like datastructure (such as XML documents) into a database using normalized schema that reflects the structure of the tree being stored. This is done using little or no metadata.
XML can also be imported, and a relational schema automatically generated.
Other Packages Related to libdbix-dbstag-perl
- dep: libdata-stag-perl
- module to manipulate Structured Tags datastructures
- dep: libdbd-pg-perl
- Perl DBI driver for the PostgreSQL database server
- dep: libdbi-perl
- Perl Database Interface (DBI)
- dep: libdbix-dbschema-perl
- Perl module to manipulate schemas independently of databases
- dep: libparse-recdescent-perl
- Perl module to create and use recursive-descent parsers
- dep: libxml-perl
- Perl modules for working with XML
- dep: perl
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language