Package: libconfig-model-itself-perl (2.016-1)
Links for libconfig-model-itself-perl
Download Source Package libconfig-model-itself-perl:
- Homepage [github.com]
graphical model editor for Config::Model
Config::Model::Itself module is a plugin for cme which provides a Perl/Tk graphical interface to edit configuration models that are be used by Config::Model.
Config::Model::Itself also provides a model for Config::Model (hence the Itself name, you can also think of it as a meta-model). The model editor will use this meta-model to construct the graphical interface so you can edit the configuration model for *your* application. [ Config::Model::Itself is the "eat your own dog food" principle applied to Config::Model ;-) ]
Let's step back a little to explain. Any configuration data is, in essence, structured data. This data could be stored, for instance, in an XML file. A configuration model is a way to describe the structure and relation of all items of a configuration data set.
This configuration model is also expressed as structured data. This structure data is structured and follows a set of rules which are described for humans in Config::Model.
The structure and rules documented in Config::Model are also expressed in a model in the files provided with Config::Model::Itself.
Hence the possibity to verify, modify configuration data provided by Config::Model can also be applied on configuration models.
The model editor program launched with "cme meta edit"
Other Packages Related to libconfig-model-itself-perl
- dep: cme
- Check or edit configuration data with Config::Model
- dep: libconfig-model-perl (>= 2.127)
- module for describing and editing configuration data
- dep: libconfig-model-tkui-perl
- Tk GUI to edit config data through Config::Model
- dep: libdata-compare-perl
- perl module to compare perl data structures recursively
- dep: liblog-log4perl-perl
- Perl port of the widely popular log4j logging package
- dep: libpath-tiny-perl (>= 0.062)
- file path utility
- dep: libpod-pom-perl
- module providing a Pod Object Model
- dep: libyaml-tiny-perl
- Perl module for reading and writing YAML files
- dep: perl
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language