Package: all-knowing-dns (1.7-2)
Links for all-knowing-dns
Download Source Package all-knowing-dns:
- Homepage [metacpan.org]
tiny DNS server for IPv6 Reverse DNS
AllKnowingDNS provides reverse DNS for IPv6 networks which use SLAAC (autoconf), e.g. for a /64 network.
The problem with IPv6 reverse DNS and traditional nameservers is that the nameserver requires you to provide a zone file. Assuming you want to provide RDNS for a /64 network, you have 2**64 = 18446744073709551616 different usable IP addresses (a little less if you are using SLAAC). Providing a zone file for that, even in a very terse notation, would consume a huge amount of disk space and could not possibly be held in the memory of the computers available nowadays.
AllKnowingDNS instead generates PTR and AAAA records on the fly. You only configure which network you want to serve and what your entries should look like.
Other Packages Related to all-knowing-dns
- dep: libmouse-perl
- lightweight object framework for Perl
- dep: libmousex-nativetraits-perl
- extension for attribute interfaces for Mouse
- dep: libnet-dns-perl
- Perform DNS queries from a Perl script
- dep: libnetaddr-ip-perl
- IP address manipulation module
- dep: libprivileges-drop-perl
- module to make it simple to drop all privileges
- dep: perl
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language