Package: sbws (1.1.0-1)
Links for sbws
Download Source Package sbws:
- Homepage [sbws.readthedocs.io]
Simple Bandwidth Scanner for the Tor network
Simple Bandwidth Scanner (sbws) scan the Tor network and generates bandwidth list files (also called measurements).
Bandwidth list files contain the Tor relays' bandwidths scaled. The are read by the Tor directory authorities to assign weights to the relays during heir votes. The specification of the Bandwidth list format is in https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/bandwidth-file-spec.txt
The scanner (also called generator) builds two hop circuits consisting of the relay being measured and a fast exit. Over these circuits it measures download performance.
**WARNING**: This software is intended to be run by researchers using a test Tor network, such as chutney or shadow, or by the Tor bandwidth authorities on the public Tor network. Please do not run this software on the public Tor network unless you are one of the Tor bandwidth authorities, to avoid creating unnecessary traffic.
Other Packages Related to sbws
- dep: adduser
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: python3
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default python3 version)
- dep: python3-requests
- elegant and simple HTTP library for Python3, built for human beings
- dep: python3-socks
- Python 3 SOCKS client module
- dep: python3-stem (>= 1.7.0)
- Tor control library for Python 3 series
- dep: tor
- anonymizing overlay network for TCP
- rec: systemd
- system and service manager