Package: openssh-client (1:5.5p1-6+squeeze5)
Links for openssh-client
Download Source Package openssh:
- Homepage [www.openssh.org]
secure shell (SSH) client, for secure access to remote machines
This is the portable version of OpenSSH, a free implementation of the Secure Shell protocol as specified by the IETF secsh working group.
Ssh (Secure Shell) is a program for logging into a remote machine and for executing commands on a remote machine. It provides secure encrypted communications between two untrusted hosts over an insecure network. X11 connections and arbitrary TCP/IP ports can also be forwarded over the secure channel. It can be used to provide applications with a secure communication channel.
This package provides the ssh, scp and sftp clients, the ssh-agent and ssh-add programs to make public key authentication more convenient, and the ssh-keygen, ssh-keyscan, ssh-copy-id and ssh-argv0 utilities.
In some countries it may be illegal to use any encryption at all without a special permit.
ssh replaces the insecure rsh, rcp and rlogin programs, which are obsolete for most purposes.
Other Packages Related to openssh-client
- dep: adduser (>= 3.10)
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: dpkg (>= 1.7.0)
- Debian package management system
- dep: libedit2 (>= 2.11-20080614-1)
- BSD editline and history libraries
- dep: libgssapi-krb5-2 (>= 1.7+dfsg)
- MIT Kerberos runtime libraries - krb5 GSS-API Mechanism
- dep: libssl0.9.8 (>= 0.9.8m-1)
- SSL shared libraries
- dep: passwd
- change and administer password and group data
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime
- rec: openssh-blacklist
- list of default blacklisted OpenSSH RSA and DSA keys
- rec: openssh-blacklist-extra
- list of non-default blacklisted OpenSSH RSA and DSA keys
- rec: xauth
- X authentication utility