Package: imapproxy (1.2.7-1)
Links for imapproxy
Download Source Package up-imapproxy:
- Homepage [www.imapproxy.org]
IMAP protocol proxy
UP-ImapProxy proxies IMAP transactions between an IMAP client and an IMAP server. The general idea is that the client should never know that it is not talking to the real IMAP server, but ImapProxy caches server connections.
ImapProxy was written to compensate for webmail clients that are unable to maintain persistent connections to an IMAP server. Most webmail clients need to log in to an IMAP server for nearly every single transaction; This behaviour can cause tragic performance problems on the IMAP server. ImapProxy tries to deal with this problem by leaving server connections open for a short time after a webmail client logs out. When the webmail client connects again, ImapProxy will determine if there is a cached connection available and reuse it if possible.
Other Packages Related to imapproxy
- dep: libncurses5 (>= 5.6+20071006-3)
- shared libraries for terminal handling
- dep: libssl0.9.8 (>= 0.9.8k-1)
- SSL shared libraries
- dep: libwrap0 (>= 7.6-4~)
- Wietse Venema's TCP wrappers library
- dep: lsb-base
- Linux Standard Base 3.2 init script functionality
- dep: ucf (>= 0.28)
- Update Configuration File: preserve user changes to config files.