Package: alsa-base (1.0.23+dfsg-2)
Links for alsa-base
Download Source Package alsa-driver:
- Debian ALSA Maintainers (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Jordi Mallach (QA Page)
- Elimar Riesebieter (QA Page)
- Homepage [www.alsa-project.org]
ALSA driver configuration files
This package contains various configuration files for the ALSA drivers.
For ALSA to work on a system with a given sound card, there must be an ALSA driver for that card in the kernel. Linux 2.6 as shipped in linux-image packages contains ALSA drivers for all supported sound cards in the form of loadable modules. A custom alsa-modules package can be built from the sources in the alsa-source package using the m-a utility (included in the module-assistant package). Please read the README.Debian file for more information about loading and building modules.
ALSA is the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture.
Other Packages Related to alsa-base
- dep: linux-sound-base
- base package for ALSA and OSS sound systems
- dep: lsof (>= 4.64)
- List open files
- dep: udev
- /dev/ and hotplug management daemon
- rec: alsa-utils
- Utilities for configuring and using ALSA