Package: shishi (1.0.1-2)
Links for shishi
Download Source Package shishi:
- Homepage [www.gnu.org]
Command line client for the Shishi Kerberos v5 implementation
Shishi is an implementation of the kerberos v5 network authentication system.
Shishi can be used to authenticate users in distributed systems.
Shishi contains a library ('libshishi') that can be used by application developers to add support for kerberos v5. Shishi contains a command line utility ('shishi') that is used by users to acquire and manage tickets (and more). The server side, a Key Distribution Center, is implemented by 'shishid'. Of course, a manual documenting usage aspects as well as the programming API is included.
Shishi currently supports AS/TGS exchanges for acquiring tickets, the AP exchange for performing client and server authentication, and SAFE/PRIV for integrity/privacy protected application data exchanges.
Shishi is internationalized; error and status messages can be translated into the users' language; user name and passwords can be converted into any available character set (normally including ISO-8859-1 and UTF-8) and also be processed using an experimental Stringprep profile.
Most, if not all, of the widely used encryption and checksum types are supported, such as ARCFOUR, 3DES, AES and HMAC-SHA1.
This package includes a few command line tools:
shishi -- Acquire and manage Kerberos tickets. keytab2shishi -- Convert MIT/Heimdal /etc/krb5.keytab's to Shishi format. ccache2shishi -- Convert MIT/Heimdal user ticket files to Shishi format.
Other Packages Related to shishi
- dep: libgcrypt11 (>= 1.4.5)
- LGPL Crypto library - runtime library
- dep: libgnutls26 (>= 2.12.17-0)
- GNU TLS library - runtime library
- dep: libgpg-error0 (>= 1.10)
- library for common error values and messages in GnuPG components
- dep: libidn11 (>= 1.13)
- GNU Libidn library, implementation of IETF IDN specifications
- dep: libshishi0 (>= 0.0.42)
- Library for the Shishi Kerberos v5 implementation
- dep: libtasn1-3 (>= 1.6-0)
- Manage ASN.1 structures (runtime)
- sug: shishi-doc
- Documentation for Shishi