Package: prboom (2:2.5.0+dfsg1-6)
Links for prboom
Download Source Package prboom:
- Homepage [prboom.sourceforge.net]
clone of the legendary first person shooter Doom
Doom is a 3d shoot'em'up game, written by id Software, first released in 1993.
PrBoom is a version of Doom using the Simple Direct Media layer (SDL) library, which enables it to use XFree86, OpenGL, Linux framebuffer console, GGI, SVGALib or even color or monochrome text consoles as display. There is an additional OpenGL renderer as well.
PrBoom is based on MBF and LxDoom, which in turn are based on Boom, a freely available port of Doom for DOS, written by TeamTNT (http://www.teamtnt.com/).
PrBoom requires an IWAD to play. A free IWAD is available in the freedoom package. You can install your commercial Doom IWADs using game-data-packager.
Other Packages Related to prboom
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.4.0)
- GCC support library
- dep: libpng12-0 (>= 1.2.13-4)
- PNG library - runtime
- dep: libsdl-mixer1.2
- Mixer library for Simple DirectMedia Layer 1.2, libraries
- dep: libsdl-net1.2
- Network library for Simple DirectMedia Layer 1.2, libraries
- dep: libsdl1.2debian (>= 1.2.10-1)
- Simple DirectMedia Layer
- rec: timidity
- Software sound renderer (MIDI sequencer, MOD player)
- sug: game-data-packager
- Installer for game data files