Package: printer-driver-hpcups (3.12.6-3.1)
Links for printer-driver-hpcups
Download Source Package hplip:
- Debian HPIJS and HPLIP maintainers (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Mark Purcell (QA Page)
- Till Kamppeter (QA Page)
- Homepage [hplipopensource.com]
HP Linux Printing and Imaging - CUPS Raster driver (hpcups)
This package contains a CUPS-Raster-based printer driver which adds support for most inkjet printers and some LaserJet printers manufactured by HP. It does not provide PPDs for the fax functionality of HP's multi-function devices.
Users of the CUPS printing system are advised to also install the hplip package, and use the hp CUPS backend to send data to the printer. HPLIP supports USB, networked and parallel-port devices, and enables extended hpcups functionality such as border-less printing. Selecting any hpcups ppd in CUPS will use hpcups automatically.
No physical PPDs are shipped with this driver. PPDs are dynamically generated via a CUPS DDK .drv file.
This package can be installed to provide a minimal headless printer solution using CUPS.
Other Packages Related to printer-driver-hpcups
- dep: cups
- Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - server
- dep: ghostscript-cups
- interpreter for the PostScript language and for PDF - CUPS filters
- dep: libcups2 (>= 1.4.0)
- Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - Core library
- dep: libcupsimage2 (>= 1.4.0)
- Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - Raster image library
- dep: libdbus-1-3 (>= 1.0.2)
- simple interprocess messaging system (library)
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.4.0)
- GCC support library
- dep: libhpmud0
- HP Multi-Point Transport Driver (hpmud) run-time libraries
- dep: libjpeg8 (>= 8c)
- Independent JPEG Group's JPEG runtime library
- dep: libssl1.0.0 (>= 1.0.0)
- SSL shared libraries
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.4.0)
- GNU Standard C++ Library v3