Package: salt-master (0.15.1-1)
Links for salt-master
Download Source Package salt:
- Debian Salt Team (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Joe Healy (QA Page)
- Franklin G Mendoza (QA Page)
- Andriy Senkovych (QA Page)
- Homepage [saltstack.org]
remote manager to administer servers via salt
salt is a powerful remote execution manager that can be used to administer servers in a fast and efficient way.
It allows commands to be executed across large groups of servers. This means systems can be easily managed, but data can also be easily gathered. Quick introspection into running systems becomes a reality.
Remote execution is usually used to set up a certain state on a remote system. Salt addresses this problem as well, the salt state system uses salt state files to define the state a server needs to be in.
Between the remote execution system, and state management Salt addresses the backbone of cloud and data center management.
This particular package provides the salt controller.
Other Packages Related to salt-master
- dep: python
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python-pkg-resources
- Package Discovery and Resource Access using pkg_resources
- dep: salt-common (= 0.15.1-1)
- shared libraries that salt requires for all packages
- dep: sysv-rc (>= 2.88dsf-24)
- System-V-like runlevel change mechanism