Package: boost-build (2.0-m12-2)
Links for boost-build
Download Source Package boost-build:
- Debian Boost Team (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Steve M. Robbins (QA Page)
- Domenico Andreoli (QA Page)
- Christophe Prud'homme (QA Page)
- Homepage [www.boost.org]
cross-platform build system for C++ projects
Boost.Build is an easy way to build C++ projects, everywhere. You name you executables and libraries and list their sources. Boost.Build takes care about compiling your sources with right options, creating static and shared libraries, making executables, and other chores -- whether you're using gcc, msvc, or a dozen more supported C++ compilers -- on Windows, OSX, Linux and commercial UNIX systems.
Some of the most important features:
* Simple and high level build description. * Portability. Most important build properties have symbolic names that work everywhere. * Variant builds. When you build the same project twice with different properties, all produced files are placed in different directories, so you can build with 2 versions of gcc, or both debug and release variants in one invocation. * Global dependencies. No matter what directory you build in, Boost.Build will always check all dependencies in your entire project, preventing inconsistent binaries. * Usage requirements. A target can specify properties, like include paths and preprocessor defines, that are necessary to use it. Those properties will be automatically applied whenever the target is used.
Other Packages Related to boost-build
- dep: bjam (>> 3.1.9-1)
- Software build tool