Package: trn (3.6-20) [non-free]
Links for trn
Download Source Package trn:
Threaded USENET news reader, based on rn
trn is the most widely-used newsreader on USENET - even to the point of being a de-facto standard. It has a powerful full screen text mode user interface, where most actions are available at the press of a single key. It is highly configurable.
This version of trn reads news from a news server via NNTP (the Network News Transfer Protocol). You must have a news server available - large sites usually provide a site-wide server.
If you install a news server on your system (either containing just local newsgroups or with a partial or full USENET feed) you can configure trn to access it.
Packages providing trn
- Threaded USENET news reader, based on rn (4.0 beta test)
Other Packages Related to trn
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.7) [powerpc]
- Embedded GNU C Library: Shared libraries
also a virtual package provided by libc6-udeb
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.7-1) [i386]
- dep: libncurses5 (>= 5.6+20071006-3) [i386]
- shared libraries for terminal handling
- dep: libncurses5 (>= 5.7+20100313) [powerpc]
- sug: ispell
- International Ispell (an interactive spelling corrector)