Package: gargoyle-free (2011.1-2)
Links for gargoyle-free
Download Source Package gargoyle-free:
- Homepage [ccxvii.net]
graphical player for Interactive Fiction games
Gargoyle is an Interactive Fiction (text adventure) player that supports all the major interactive fiction formats.
Most interactive fiction is distributed as portable game files. These portable game files come in many formats. In the past, you used to have to download a separate player (interpreter) for each format of IF you wanted to play. Instead, Gargoyle provides unified player.
Gargoyle is based on the standard interpreters for the formats it supports: .taf (Adrift games, played with Scare), .dat (AdvSys), *.agx/.d$$ (AGiliTy), .a3c (Alan3), .asl/.cas (Quest games, played with Geas), .jacl/.j2 (JACL), .l9/.sna (Level 9), .mag (Magnetic), *.saga (Scott Adams Grand Adventures), .gam/.t3 (TADS), *.z1/.z2/.z3/.z4/.z5/.z6/.z7/.z8 (Inform Z-Machine games, played with Frotz, Nitfol or Bocfel), .ulx/.blb/.blorb/.glb/.gblorb (Inform or Superglús games compiled to the Glulxe VM in Blorb archives, played with Git or Glulxe), .zlb, .zblorb (Inform Z-Machine games in Blorb archives, played with Frotz).
(note: do not confuse the Git Glux interpreter with the Git DVCS or the GNU Interactive Tools)
Gargoyle also features graphics, sounds and Unicode support.
Technically all the bundled interpreters support the Glk API to manage I/O (keyboard, graphics, sounds, file) in IF games. Gargoyle provides a Glk implementation called garglk that displays texts and images in a graphical Gtk window, with care on typography.
* This free version of gargoyle does not include the non-free Alan2 and Hugo interpreter (and use a different, free monospace font).
* While Gargoyle can display in-game pictures, it does not provide a way to display the cover art present in some Blorb archives.
* The TADS interpreter doesn't support HTML TADS; you can play the games, but will miss the hyperlinks.
Other Packages Related to gargoyle-free
- dep: libatk1.0-0 (>= 1.12.4)
- conjunto de ferramentas de acessibilidade ATK
- dep: libcairo2 (>= 1.2.4)
- A biblioteca de gráficos vectoriais Cairo 2D
- dep: libfontconfig1 (>= 2.9.0)
- biblioteca genérica de configuração de 'fonts' - tempo de execução
- dep: libfreetype6 (>= 2.2.1)
- motor de 'fonts' FreeType 2, ficheiros de biblioteca partilhada
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- Biblioteca de suporte do GCC
- dep: libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0 (>= 2.22.0)
- GDK Pixbuf library
- dep: libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.16.0)
- GLib library of C routines
- dep: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.8.0)
- biblioteca de interface gráfica GTK+
- dep: libjpeg8 (>= 8c)
- Independent JPEG Group's JPEG runtime library
- dep: libpango1.0-0 (>= 1.14.0)
- Disposição e renderização de texto internacionalizado
- dep: libpng12-0 (>= 1.2.13-4)
- Biblioteca PNG - tempo de execução
- dep: libsdl-mixer1.2
- Mixer library for Simple DirectMedia Layer 1.2, libraries
- dep: libsdl-sound1.2 (>= 1.0.1)
- Sound library for Simple DirectMedia Layer 1.2, libraries
- dep: libsdl1.2debian (>= 1.2.11)
- Simple DirectMedia Layer
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.4.0)
- Biblioteca C++ padrão GNU v3
- dep: ttf-liberation
- transitional dummy package
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- biblioteca de compressão - runtime