Package: openprinting-ppds (20120523-1)
Links for openprinting-ppds
Download Source Package foomatic-db:
- Homepage [www.openprinting.org]
OpenPrinting printer support - PostScript PPD files
This package includes a collection of free PostScript Printer Description files for PostScript (and clone) printers from various manufacturers, as distributed by OpenPrinting.
If you have non-PostScript printers, the foomatic-db-compressed-ppds (or foomatic-db and foomatic-db-engine), hplip and the printer-driver-* packages are the ones you need; this package won't be of much help to you.
Some manufacturers distribute PPD files for their printers under non-free licenses; those are not included in this package, but may be available from the manufacturer's website, included on a CD or other media with the printer, or downloadable from the OpenPrinting web site (even automatically if the printer setup tool supports it).
Other Packages Related to openprinting-ppds
- dep: python
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: xz-utils
- Utilitários de compressão de formato XZ
- rec: cups
- Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - servidor
- rec: cups-client
- Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - programas clientes (SysV)
- rec: foomatic-filters
- Suporte a impressoras OpenPrinting - filtros
- sug: hpijs-ppds
- HP Linux Printing and Imaging - HPIJS PPD files