Package: pcmciautils (018-8)
Links for pcmciautils
Download Source Package pcmciautils:
- Homepage [www.kernel.org]
PCMCIA utilities for Linux 2.6
This package provides PCMCIA initialisation tools for Linux 2.6.13-rc1 or later, replacing the old pcmcia-cs tools used with earlier kernel versions. PCMCIA cards are commonly used in laptops to provide expanded capabilities such as network connections, modems, increased memory, etc.
To use PCMCIA you need to have kernel modules available to support it. These are included in the stock Debian 2.6 kernel packages. You will most likely also need udev, although it isn't always required.
The wireless-tools package is required by many wireless network adapters.
Other Packages Related to pcmciautils
- dep: dpkg (>= 126.96.36.199)
- Debian package management system
- rec: udev
- /dev/ and hotplug management daemon
- sug: wireless-tools
- Hulpprogramma's voor het manipuleren van de Linux Wireless Extensions