Package: opensc (0.11.13-1.1)
Links for opensc
Download Source Package opensc:
- Homepage [www.opensc-project.org]
Smart card utilities with support for PKCS#15 compatible cards
OpenSC provides a set of libraries and utilities to access smart cards. It mainly focuses on cards that support cryptographic operations. It facilitates their use in security applications such as mail encryption, authentication, and digital signature. OpenSC implements the PKCS#11 API. Applications supporting this API, such as Iceweasel and Icedove, can use it. OpenSC implements the PKCS#15 standard and aims to be compatible with all software that does so as well.
Before purchasing any cards, please read carefully documentation in /usr/share/doc/opensc/html/wiki/index.html - only some cards are supported. Not only does card type matters, but also card version, card OS version and preloaded applet. Only a subset of possible operations may be supported for your card. Card initialization may require third party proprietary software.
Other Packages Related to opensc
- dep: libltdl7 (>= 2.2.6b)
- A system independent dlopen wrapper for GNU libtool
- dep: libopensc2 (>= 0.11.7)
- Smart card library with support for PKCS#15 compatible smart cards
- dep: libssl0.9.8 (>= 0.9.8m-1)
- SSL gedeelde bibliotheken