Package: portmap (6.0.0-2)
Links for portmap
Download Source Package portmap:
- Homepage [neil.brown.name]
RPC port mapper
Portmap is a server that converts RPC (Remote Procedure Call) program numbers into DARPA protocol port numbers. It must be running in order to make RPC calls.
Services that use RPC include NFS and NIS.
Packages providing portmap
- converts RPC program numbers into universal addresses
Other Packages Related to portmap
- dep: libwrap0 (>= 7.6-4~)
- Wietse Venema's TCP wrappers library
- dep: lsb-base (>= 3.2-14)
- Linux Standard Base 3.2 init script functionality