Package: gromacs (4.0.7-3)
Links for gromacs
Download Source Package gromacs:
- Homepage [www.gromacs.org]
Molecular dynamics simulator, with building and analysis tools
GROMACS is a versatile package to perform molecular dynamics, i.e. simulate the Newtonian equations of motion for systems with hundreds to millions of particles.
It is primarily designed for biochemical molecules like proteins and lipids that have a lot of complicated bonded interactions, but since GROMACS is extremely fast at calculating the nonbonded interactions (that usually dominate simulations) many groups are also using it for research on non- biological systems, e.g. polymers.
GROMACS offers entirely too many features for a brief description to do it justice. A more complete listing is available at <http://www.gromacs.org/content/view/12/176/>.
Other Packages Related to gromacs
- dep: gromacs-data (= 4.0.7-3)
- GROMACS molecular dynamics sim, data and documentation
- dep: libfftw3-3
- library for computing Fast Fourier Transforms
- dep: libgsl0ldbl (>= 1.9)
- GNU Scientific Library (GSL) -- library package
- dep: libice6 (>= 1:1.0.0)
- X11 Inter-Client Exchange library
- dep: libsm6
- X11 Session Management library
- dep: libx11-6 (>= 0)
- X11 client-side library
- rec: cpp
- De GNU C preprocessor (cpp)