Package: python-gdal (1.6.3-4 and others)
Links for python-gdal
Download Source Package gdal:
- Homepage [trac.osgeo.org]
Python bindings to the Geospatial Data Abstraction Library
GDAL is a translator library for raster geospatial data formats. As a library, it presents a single abstract data model to the calling application for all supported formats. The related OGR library (which lives within the GDAL source tree) provides a similar capability for simple features vector data.
GDAL supports 40+ popular data formats, including commonly used ones (GeoTIFF, JPEG, PNG and more) as well as the ones used in GIS and remote sensing software packages (ERDAS Imagine, ESRI Arc/Info, ENVI, PCI Geomatics). Also supported many remote sensing and scientific data distribution formats such as HDF, EOS FAST, NOAA L1B, NetCDF, FITS.
OGR library supports popular vector formats like ESRI Shapefile, TIGER data, S57, MapInfo File, DGN, GML and more.
This package contains Python bindings for GDAL/OGR library and a set of additional command line tools.
Other Packages Related to python-gdal
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support bibliotheek
- dep: libgdal1-1.6.0
- Geospatial Data Abstraction Library
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1)
- De GNU stdc++ bibliotheek versie 3
- dep: python (<< 2.7)
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python (>= 2.5)
- dep: python-central (>= 0.6.11)
- registreer en bouw hulpprogramma voor Python pakketten
- dep: python-numpy
- Numerical Python adds a fast array facility to the Python language