Package: microcode.ctl (1.17-13) [contrib]
Links for microcode.ctl
Download Source Package microcode.ctl:
- Homepage [www.urbanmyth.org]
Intel IA32/IA64 CPU Microcode Utility
The microcode_ctl utility is a companion to the IA32 microcode driver:
- it decodes and sends new microcode to the kernel driver for Intel IA32 family (Pentium Pro, PII, Celeron, PIII, Xeon, Pentium 4, etc.) and Intel x86_64 family processors; - it signals the kernel driver to release any buffers it may hold.
The microcode update does not permanently alter the CPU and must be performed each time the system is booted.
Other Packages Related to microcode.ctl
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.1) [i386]
- Embedded GNU C Library: Shared libraries
also a virtual package provided by libc6-udeb
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.2.5) [amd64]