Package: xterm (278-4)
Links for xterm
Download Source Package xterm:
- Homepage [invisible-island.net]
X terminal emulator
xterm is a terminal emulator for the X Window System. It provides DEC VT102 and Tektronix 4014 compatible terminals for programs that cannot use the window system directly. This version implements ISO/ANSI colors and most of the control sequences used by DEC VT220 terminals.
This package provides four commands: xterm, which is the traditional terminal emulator; uxterm, which is a wrapper around xterm that is intelligent about locale settings (especially those which use the UTF-8 character encoding), but which requires the luit program from the x11-utils package; koi8rxterm, a wrapper similar to uxterm for locales that use the KOI8-R character set; and lxterm, a simple wrapper that chooses which of the previous commands to execute based on the user's locale settings.
A complete list of control sequences supported by the X terminal emulator is provided in /usr/share/doc/xterm.
The xterm program uses bitmap images provided by the xbitmaps package.
Those interested in using koi8rxterm will likely want to install the xfonts-cyrillic package as well.
Other Packages Related to xterm
- dep: libfontconfig1 (>= 2.9.0)
- generic font configuration library - runtime
- dep: libice6 (>= 1:1.0.0)
- X11 Inter-Client Exchange library
- dep: libtinfo5
- shared low-level terminfo library for terminal handling
- dep: libutempter0 (>= 1.1.5)
- A privileged helper for utmp/wtmp updates (runtime)
- dep: libx11-6
- X11 client-side library
- dep: libxaw7
- X11 Athena Widget library
- dep: libxft2 (>> 2.1.1)
- FreeType-based font drawing library for X
- dep: libxmu6
- X11 miscellaneous utility library
- dep: libxt6
- X11 toolkit intrinsics library
- dep: xbitmaps
- Base X bitmaps
- rec: x11-utils
- X11 utilities
- sug: xfonts-cyrillic
- Ciril betűkészletek X-hez