Package: dbconfig-common (1.8.47+nmu1)
Links for dbconfig-common
Download Source Package dbconfig-common:
common framework for packaging database applications
This package presents a policy and implementation for managing various databases used by applications included in Debian packages.
- support MySQL, PostgreSQL, and sqlite based applications; - create or remove databases and database users; - access local or remote databases; - upgrade/modify databases when upstream changes database structure; - generate config files in many formats with the database info; - import configs from packages previously managing databases on their own; - prompt users with a set of normalized, pre-translated questions; - handle failures gracefully, with an option to retry; - do all the hard work automatically; - work for package maintainers with little effort on their part; - work for local admins with little effort on their part; - comply with an agreed upon set of standards for behavior; - do absolutely nothing if that is the whim of the local admin; - perform all operations from within the standard flow of package management (no additional skill is required of the local admin).
Other Packages Related to dbconfig-common
- dep: ucf (>= 0.28)
- Update Configuration File: preserve user changes to config files.
- sug: virtual-mysql-client
- virtual package provided by mysql-client-5.5
- or mysql-client
- MySQL database client (metapackage depending on the latest version)
also a virtual package provided by mysql-client-5.5
- or postgresql-client
- front-end programs for PostgreSQL (supported version)
also a virtual package provided by postgresql-client-9.1