Package: theseus (1.6.2-2)
Links for theseus
Download Source Package theseus:
- Debian Med Packaging Team (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Morten Kjeldgaard (QA Page)
- Andreas Tille (QA Page)
- Homepage [www.theseus3d.org]
superimpose macromolecules using maximum likelihood
Theseus is a program that simultaneously superimposes multiple macromolecular structures. Theseus finds the optimal solution to the superposition problem using the method of maximum likelihood. By down-weighting variable regions of the superposition and by correcting for correlations among atoms, the ML superposition method produces very accurate structural alignments.
When macromolecules with different residue sequences are superimposed, other programs and algorithms discard residues that are aligned with gaps. Theseus, however, uses a novel superimposition algorithm that includes all of the data.
Other Packages Related to theseus
- dep: libgsl0ldbl (>= 1.9)
- GNU Scientific Library (GSL) -- library package
- dep: muscle
- Multiple alignment program of protein sequences