Package: python-espeak (0.4-1)
Links for python-espeak
Download Source Package python-espeak:
- Homepage [launchpad.net]
Python bindings for eSpeak
eSpeak is a software speech synthesizer for English, and some other languages.
eSpeak produces good quality English speech. It uses a different synthesis method from other open source text to speech (TTS) engines, and sounds quite different. It's perhaps not as natural or "smooth", but some find the articulation clearer and easier to listen to for long periods.
This package contains bindings to use eSpeak from within Python applications.
Be aware that python-espeak is still in an early state; it's incomplete and the API may change in future versions.
Other Packages Related to python-espeak
- dep: libespeak1 (>= 1.30)
- Multi-lingual software speech synthesizer: shared library
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1)
- GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- dep: python (<< 2.8)
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python (>= 2.6)
- dep: python-support (>= 0.90.0)
- automated rebuilding support for Python modules