Package: sleuthkit (3.1.3-1)
Links for sleuthkit
Download Source Package sleuthkit:
- Homepage [www.sleuthkit.org]
collection of tools for forensics analysis on volume and file system data
The Sleuth Kit (previously known as TASK) is a collection of UNIX-based command line file and volume system forensic analysis tools. The file system tools allow you to examine file systems of a suspect computer in a non-intrusive fashion. Because the tools do not rely on the operating system to process the file systems, deleted and hidden content is shown.
The volume system (media management) tools allow you to examine the layout of disks and other media. The Sleuth Kit supports DOS partitions, BSD partitions (disk labels), Mac partitions, Sun slices (Volume Table of Contents), and GPT disks. With these tools, you can identify where partitions are located and extract them so that they can be analyzed with file system analysis tools.
This package contains the set of command line tools in The Sleuth Kit.
Other Packages Related to sleuthkit
- dep: file
- Determines file type using "magic" numbers
- dep: libdate-manip-perl
- module for manipulating dates
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1)
- The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- dep: libtsk3-3 (>= 3.0.1)
- library for forensics analysis on volume and file system data