Package: python-xapian (1.2.3-3)
Links for python-xapian
Download Source Package xapian-bindings:
- Homepage [xapian.org]
Xapian search engine interface for Python
This package provides Xapian Python bindings for all the packaged versions of Python.
The Xapian search engine library is a highly adaptable toolkit which allows developers to easily add advanced indexing and search facilities to their own applications. It implements the probabilistic model of information retrieval, and provides facilities for performing ranked free-text searches, relevance feedback, phrase searching, boolean searching, stemming, and simultaneous update and searching. It is highly scalable, and is capable of working with collections containing hundreds of millions of documents.
The Xapian Python bindings provide an interface to the Xapian library from the Python programming language, allowing both indexing and retrieval operations.
Other Packages Related to python-xapian
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.4.0)
- GCC support library
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.4.0)
- The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- dep: libxapian22 (>= 1.2.3)
- Search engine library
- dep: python (<< 2.7)
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python (>= 2.5)
- dep: python-central (>= 0.6.11)
- register and build utility for Python packages
- sug: xapian-doc
- Core Xapian documentation