Package: libsoup2.4-1 (2.38.1-2)
Links for libsoup2.4-1
Download Source Package libsoup2.4:
- Debian GNOME Maintainers (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Gustavo Noronha Silva (QA Page)
- Martin Pitt (QA Page)
- Michael Biebl (QA Page)
HTTP library implementation in C -- Shared library
It was originally part of a SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) implementation called Soup, but the SOAP and non-SOAP parts have now been split into separate packages.
libsoup uses the Glib main loop and is designed to work well with GTK+ applications. This enables GNOME applications to access HTTP servers on the network in a completely asynchronous fashion, very similar to the GTK+ programming model (a synchronous operation mode is also supported for those who want it).
* Both asynchronous (GMainLoop and callback-based) and synchronous APIs * Automatically caches connections * SSL Support using GnuTLS * Proxy support, including authentication and SSL tunneling * Client support for Digest, NTLM, and Basic authentication * Server support for Digest and Basic authentication * Basic client-side SOAP and XML-RPC support
This package contains the shared library.
Other Packages Related to libsoup2.4-1
- dep: multiarch-support
- Transitional package to ensure multiarch compatibility
- dep: glib-networking (>= 2.32.0)
- network-related giomodules for GLib
- dep: libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.31.8)
- GLib library of C routines
- dep: libxml2 (>= 2.7.4)
- GNOME XML library
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime