Package: pandoc (126.96.36.199-2)
Links for pandoc
Download Source Package pandoc:
- Debian Haskell Group (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Jonas Smedegaard (QA Page)
- Kiwamu Okabe (QA Page)
- package has bad maintainer field (QA Page)
- Clint Adams (QA Page)
- Homepage [johnmacfarlane.net]
general markup converter
Pandoc is a Haskell library for converting from one markup format to another, and a command-line tool that uses this library. It can read markdown and (subsets of) reStructuredText, HTML, LaTeX and DocBook XML; and it can write plain text, markdown, reStructuredText, XHTML, HTML 5, LaTeX (including beamer slide shows), ConTeXt, RTF, DocBook XML, OpenDocument XML, ODT, Word docx, GNU Texinfo, MediaWiki markup, EPUB, Textile, groff man pages, Emacs Org-Mode, AsciiDoc, and Slidy, Slideous, DZSlides, or S5 HTML slide shows. It can also produce PDF output on systems where LaTeX is installed.
Pandoc's enhanced version of markdown includes syntax for footnotes, tables, flexible ordered lists, definition lists, delimited code blocks, superscript, subscript, strikeout, title blocks, automatic tables of contents, embedded LaTeX math, citations, and markdown inside HTML block elements. (These enhancements can optionally be disabled.)
In contrast to most existing tools for converting markdown to HTML, which use regex substitutions, Pandoc has a modular design: it consists of a set of readers, which parse text in a given format and produce a native representation of the document, and a set of writers, which convert this native representation into a target format. Thus, adding an input or output format requires only adding a reader or writer.
This package contains the pandoc tool.
PDF output via PDFLaTeX requires the package texlive-latex-recommended, via XeLaTeX it additionally requires texlive-xetex, and via LuaTeX additionally texlive-luatex.
Other Packages Related to pandoc
- dep: libbibutils2 (>= 4.12)
- bibliography file converter, shared library
- dep: libffi5 (>= 3.0.4)
- Foreign Function Interface library runtime
- dep: libgmp10
- Multiprecision arithmetic library
- dep: libpcre3 (>= 8.10)
- Perl 5 Compatible Regular Expression Library - runtime files
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime
- rec: libghc-citeproc-hs-data
- Haskell support for Citation Style Language - data files