Package: libarchive1 (2.8.4.forreal-1+squeeze2)
Links for libarchive1
Download Source Package libarchive:
- Homepage [code.google.com]
Single library to read/write tar, cpio, pax, zip, iso9660, etc.
The libarchive library provides a flexible interface for reading and writing streaming archive files such as tar and cpio. The library is inherently stream-oriented; readers serially iterate through the archive, writers serially add things to the archive. In particular, note that there is no built-in support for random access nor for in-place modification.
libarchive can read at least five tar formats, four cpio formats, ISO9660 CD/DVD images (including RockRidge extensions), and ZIP files.
libarchive can write two tar formats (ustar and pax), one cpio format (odc/POSIX), and two types of shar files (with and without uuencoding).
The bsdtar Debian package, which is the default tar(1) on FreeBSD, is built using libarchive.
There is also a manpage, tar(5), that provides an excellent description of the various tar file formats.
Other Packages Related to libarchive1
- dep: libacl1 (>= 2.2.11-1)
- Access control list shared library
- dep: libattr1 (>= 2.4.41-1)
- Extended attribute shared library
- dep: libbz2-1.0
- high-quality block-sorting file compressor library - runtime
- dep: liblzma2 (>= 4.999.9beta+20091116)
- XZ-format compression library
- dep: libxml2 (>= 2.6.27)
- GNOME XML library
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime